Google lets you to log in or sign in onto other websites, apps and services with its “Sign in with Google” service. Know how it works.
Nobody likes to memorize complex and lengthy passwords, or login IDs. Not only is it complicated, but it takes a lot of time. With most websites requiring you to first create an account and then proceed to the services, wouldn’t it be great if there was an app to do all this password remembering business for you? Before you rush to open another Google Chrome tab, your very own Google account can help you do that. Google has had a service for a few years now that allows you to sign into other websites as well as platforms. It is called “Sign in with Google”.
You can see that while logging in to the Twitter app, BGMI and more on your new phone, right? Do you wonder what it is? More importantly, do you wonder how it works and whether it is safe to use? If you have these reservations, dive into know all about the “Sign in with Google” service. Trust us, it is going to make your internet life a lot easier.
Sign in with Google: What is it?
In Google’s own words, “Sign In With Google helps you to quickly and easily manage user authentication and sign-in to your website. Users sign into a Google Account, provide their consent, and securely share their profile information with your platform.”
In layman’s English, it simply means that Google takes over the job of providing all the login data to a website, app or game, and eliminates the process of manually putting in your ID as well as password. It is different from the saved passwords feature since the login and authentication is entirely managed by Google, and you don’t need to set anything manually.
How does it work?
While logging in to a website for the first time, you get to see a “Sign up with Google” button that provides that website with all the necessary details you provided to Google. When you log in the next time as a member, Google authenticates the verification process and all you need to do is tap on the button.
Benefits of Sign in with Google
– The biggest reason why this feature exists is to eliminate manual login and account setup processes on third-party websites as well as sources. A button click is all you need to do for logging into a service.
– It speeds up verification. What could take up to five minutes with IDs and passwords, can now take just a second.
– You don’t need to memorize your ID or passwords. Just a click will log you in.
– There is a lesser chance of getting hacked, since Google is handling the verification process in the background.
– The sign in process works uniformly with websites, apps and games. Hence, having it enabled liberates you from manual authentication.
– Despite the Sign in with Google, you can continue to have your 2-factor authentication in place. Hence, you can use it to login to Twitter and you will be asked to enter your OTP sent via SMS.