As per the report from the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, it has been found that in the last 6 consecutive years, sexually transmitted diseases have gradually reached an all-time higher point so far. People are afraid of revealing their sexual problems, whereas so many sexually transmitted diseases are curable and treatable. But if left untreated, it can cause serious health issues or even death. Hence, to be on the safer side, you need to contact a private sexual health clinic for a regular sexual health checkup.
Let’s find out what are the root causes of STDs, how to prevent and when to get tested.
Reasons behind STDs
Viruses, bacteria, and parasites are the three main classes of organisms that cause sexually transmitted diseases. These organisms generally get transmitted from one person to another via sexual intercourse. Once it is transmitted it may cause different diseases in the body. Check whether you have any sexually transmitted diseases or not you need to go through an STD test London.
Types of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Below are the different Types of Sexually transmitted diseases that spread through sexual contact:
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
To identify any of the above-mentioned diseases, you have to go to a Private STD clinic London and go for an STD test.
Symptoms of an STD
There may be different kinds of symptoms may offer if you are suffering from a sexually transmitted disease. Let’s check out the general symptoms first:
- You may experience discharge from the penis
- There might be warts, bumps, or kind of sores near the vagina, penis, or anus.
- Swelling, pain, intense itching, or redness can be felt near the anus, penis, or vagina
- You may also feel a lot of pain while having sex.
- You may also experience a different type of vaginal discharge with a bad odor. There might be a difference in the amount or color from the usual discharge.
- There might be vaginal bleeding, even if not during your period of time.
Apart from this, there are some other symptoms as well which may cause sexually transmitted diseases. But that can only be identified post an STD test in London clinic or any other part of UK. The other symptoms are:
- Skin rash
- Weight loss
- Frequent or painful urination
- Night sweats
- Unexplained sore throat or oral sores/lesions
How to Prevent?
Once you have identified the sexually transmitted disease, the next step is to think about how to treat or prevent these STDs in the future. The first step is to know your sexual partner pretty well. You have to check the sexual history of your partner and also the behavior at the time of having sex. This may reduce the risk of STDs. You have to avoid risky sexual behaviors like the person who is engaged in sexual practices with different partners consistently without any protection.
You can find out what are the key methods of preventing and reducing the risk of sexually treated diseases.
- The first and most important resolution for preventing STDs is not to have sex. This is their most reliable way to prevent the disease from any kind of infection transmitted through sex.
- Generally, HPV or hepatitis B vaccination is given when you are a baby. But still, before having sex with your partner, you may consult with your physician regarding the vaccination process. Also, you need to check whether your partner is vaccinated for HPV or hepatitis B or not.
- It is better to have fewer sexual partners. Because that reduces the risk of any transmission through sex. If you are changing your partner, you must get tested together once again before having sexual intercourse and share the results with each other. So that there should not be any hide-and-seek in terms of sexual diseases.
- You can reduce most STD transmission by using consistent male latex condoms. As of now, it is highly effective for deadly STDs like HIV and AIDS. If you are allergic to latex condoms, then there are other options available as well, but it has a high breakage chance than latex condoms.
When to Get Tested?
If you are continuously sexually active, then you need to speak with your private sexual health clinic expert about the STD testing and prevention process. General note you must get tested before having sex with a new partner. This applies to both of you so that it is clear that none of you have any history of sexual problems. Getting tested for STDs at a proper time may help you prevent death and suffering from sexually transmitted diseases.
Why is it so important?
In the last few years, the rate of sexually transmitted illness has become higher and that causes significant mortality and morbidity.
As per the research, in most of the cases, the patients were initially untreated and undiagnosed. That is the reason they are suffering from different life-threatening complications like neurological damage, malignancy, and infertility. In some cases, people died only because they had not done the STD test on time.
This is the main reason you need to be tested by a private STD clinic London. There is no scope of being shy as it is normal, and the clinic experts will be with you, and you can freely speak about whatever you are facing.
Do you want to take an appointment for STD screening? Call our Private GP London clinic for a same-day appointment. Our doctors are here to help you.