Do you have a big belly? Well, it might be the result of fat accumulation over time. More often than not, belly fat is the prime factor why most of us start working out. But if you can’t seem to lose it with your current workout, your workout needs a revamp. You need to include more exercises that might target particularly your core muscles and waistline. We’re here to help, so let’s talk about some weight loss exercises that can help you get rid of your balloon belly.
HealthShots reached out to Abhishek Sinha, Fitness Expert at Equilibrium Gym, Faridabad, who listed down a few best weight loss exercises which can fire your core and help you get rid of a balloon belly.
Here are 7 exercises to get rid of a balloon belly:
1. Leg raises
- This exercise can be performed on an abdominal inclined.
- Hold the bench with both hands and lie down on the bench.
- Keep your legs facing towards the floor side and lift your both legs till the end of the movement.
- Bring back your legs to 45 degrees to the starting position.
- Perform this exercise around 25 times and you will train your abdominal muscles which help to reduce your belly fat.
2. Plank jacks
- Get in a plank position and keep your body in a straight line from your head to heels, placing your forearms on the mat.
- While keeping your core muscles and glutes stabilized, jump with both legs spread wide to each side out.
- Once you’ve done it, quickly jump back to the starting position with both feet.
- Perform this exercise 10 times at least.
- Lean back and lie down. In order to stabilize your lower body, bend your legs and place your feet firmly on the ground.
- Without pushing on your neck, cross your hands over your chest to opposing shoulders or rest them behind your ears.
- Straighten your upper body up towards your knees. Exhale when lifting.
- Returning to your starting position, slowly stoop down. Inhale as you lower.
4. Mountain climbers
- Firstly, get down on all four as you go in a high plank position.
- In this position keep your back straight, butt out, and core tight. Ensure that your shoulders are right above your wrist and that you’re putting pressure on your core and legs.
- Now bring your left leg close to your chest and then return it to the starting position.
- Do the same with your left leg and keep alternating between legs quickly.
- Perform 100 reps from each leg to burn belly fat away.
5. Reverse crunches
- Light down on a mat and bend your knees softly.
- Slowly raise your legs now so that your lower legs are parallel to the ground and your knees are directly above your hips (at 90 degrees). This is your starting position.
- Hold a neutral spine position with a natural curve in the lower back area while bracing the abdominal muscles.
- Now, exhale and slowly lift your hips off the floor, contracting your abs.
- In this position, your knees now should be pointed towards your head, and ensure that your head is straight and your neck and shoulders remain relaxed.
- Inhale and come back to the starting position.
- Repeat this for 20 reps of four sets.
6. Standing obliques
- With your right hand at your side, hold a dumbbell.
- Put your left hand behind your head and squat down to the ground (like in a squat position).
- As you bend to the right, keep your abs tight and bring the dumbbell (dumbbell exercises) up to your ankle.
- Now go back to your starting place and do it again. The opposing side should follow suit.
7. Frog jump
- To begin, stand straight and extend your feet widely.
- Your legs shouldn’t be too far apart but should be farther apart than hip-width.
- At this point, squat down completely.
- After that, jump forward while on your feet. Resuming the complete squat position, jump forward.
- Repeat the movement by jumping forward again.
You can either add these exercises to your workout routine or perform only these exercises to get quick results. These are truly weight loss exercises because they stimulate your core muscles, boost metabolism and burn fat. So, it’s your turn to pull off some weight loss!